Road trips are a fun pass time and if you are a traveler like me you look forward to all things a road trip includes. The laughter, the fun, the random ferret that runs across the road in front of the car. However, not all road trips are created equal. Shocker. I know. I've taken enough road trips with many different types of people to know a few golden tips that could help you avoid a road trip disaster (some could seem obvious), but here they are:
1) Relax, not everything will go as planned
2) Be mindful of others. Of others time, of others space, of others pet peeves.
3) Don't overpack!! You'll regret taking every shoe you own when you're squeezed in the back with a overloaded car.
4) Keep a open-mind, you don't want to miss out on great food because you refused to try something new
5) Accept help. You take others with you so you won't experience new things alone.
6) If you don't get along with em', don't road trip with em'. You don't want to be stuck for hours with someone you can't stand and have your trip be a disaster.
7) Don't be the Debbie downer (Sorry Deb, whoever you are)
6) Most importantly, have fun!!
I've road horses in Iowa, seen the capital, brought a hot dog in times square, ran with dogs on a Texan farm, road rollercoasters in a mall, etc. the possibilities are endless. Now this certainly isn't everything, but it is my golden list of how I survived. What are your golden road trip tips?
Jump Rope Sis
Fitness. Life. Art. Travel.