Be okay with failure. I've learned more on what not to do, so here is the list:
1) Don't freak out when things don't go as you perfectly planned.
2) If this is your first tour make a list and check it twice. If this is your 50th tour you know what to do
3) Get mentor (s) who has experience going to places you want to go
4) Ask your mentor (s) questions, A LOT of questions
5) Don't be afraid to ask venue or booker for what you need
6) Start slow, the tour doesn't have to be huge for your first go round worry more about presenting a quality product so they can tell their friends
7) Have merch to sell, build it first before the tour and sell sell sell
8) Don't sell yourself short
9) Before you know it, the tour will build itself
10) Umm HAVE FUN duh!
Jump Rope Sis
Fitness. Life. Art. Travel.